Who are the PTA?
|Shelley Edwards||Vice Chair|
Registered charity number: 1166749
Parentkind membership number: 40406
Our school is fortunate to have an active Parent Teacher Association which raises significant amounts of money for the school, providing additional resources to enhance the educational opportunities for the children.
The PTA is an integral part of the school community, having fun while bringing staff, parents and pupils together in support of the school. It raises money through a variety of fun activities throughout the year for children and families such as our Summer Fair, Christmas Fair, Family Disco, Break the Rules Day, Film Night and more.
Recently it has funded a visit from an Egyptologist and Crocodiles of the World, library storage equipment and new books, along with coaches for school trips, plants, seeds and pots to brighten up the playground and litter picking equipment for the Eco Warriors to use at break times.
Some events are organised jointly with Springfield School PTA.
There are lots of ways that you can support the school, through the PTA:
- Volunteer some time. The PTA welcomes help before, during and after fundraising events, even if you can just spare an hour to support the team in making things happen.
- Volunteer to be a Committee Member.
- Volunteer to be a Class Representative – a valuable link between the committee members and the wider school community.
- Support the AGM, held shortly after the start of each school year. This is when the committee is elected for the school year. All parents are invited to attend and encouraged to become involved in fundraising activities in some way.
- Do you work for a company that offers match funding? This is an agreement whereby a company offers to match an amount that an employee has raised for, or donated to, a charity. Or do you work for or own a business that could support the PTA in other ways by donating time or resources?
- Purchasing your child’s name labels through My Name Tags can earn the PTA 24% commission if you use the school ID: 28374 when prompted during the online order process.
- Buy a lottery ticket from Your School Lottery, where you can win a weekly monetary prize, a monthly ‘star’ prize and support the PTA in the process.